August 10, 2007

A Mini Rant / Turning Up Jill Scott

I know I haven't been around "in a minute". I have been busy trying to get my hustle on looking for a new j-o-b. It's the same old corporate story. I have been freelancing for a year at a publishing company and was even offered a staff position. However, the editor-in-chief felt it was "too expensive" to keep me on. **BIG SIGH** I know a lot of it had to do with the fact that she felt intimidated by me (I am trying hard not to play the race card although when I told a friend of mine, she got Al Sharpton on speed dial) and did not like the relationship between me and the creative director. To think, people can actually work together without drama. What was I thinking? Jill Scott sings it best. You have to turn up the volume on this one. I am going to have to file this under NEW ANTHEM.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hattas!!! I love them!!! They give me even more motivation...Girl I am in my office with the door close, gettin' it! I love this song!!

Don't worry about your hatta...your destiny will be!!!

Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hattas!! Ugh....that just give me more motivation to do my "THANG"! Girl, I'm over here in my office "Gettin' It"!! LOL....I love Jill Scott...and this song...so timely!!

Don't worry about your hatta...you destiny will be!!!

Saun said...

That's so unfortunate but I know you'll find something soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same situation you are now. People trying to keep me from rising to the top because they are intimidated. I have come to the point where I just ignore them, but it is draining to deal with all of that negative energy while trying to finish school. Let them hate, they will never change. Jill sings it best. *off topic* Jill looks awesome in that video! I love her hair!

WandaWoman said...

Gurl, don't even worry about it. You'll find something better with a better environment. It's really sad when others insecurities thwart your progress.

Jill Scott's song, Hate on Me, is the perfect anthem for all of those haters. I love this video and Jill is so beautiful.